By Mimi Sheller,John Urry
Mobile communications applied sciences are setting out internationally, whereas city transportation and surveillance platforms also are being rebuilt and up to date. Emergent practices of actual, informational and communicational mobility are reconfiguring styles of circulate, co-presence, social exclusion and defense throughout many city contexts. This publication brings jointly a gently chosen team of cutting edge case reports of those cellular applied sciences of town, tracing the emergence of either new socio-technical practices of town and of a brand new theoretical paradigm for mobilities research.
Read or Download Mobile Technologies of the City (Networked Cities Series) PDF
Similar human geography books
Cellular communications applied sciences are commencing the world over, whereas city transportation and surveillance platforms also are being rebuilt and up to date. Emergent practices of actual, informational and communicational mobility are reconfiguring styles of move, co-presence, social exclusion and safety throughout many city contexts.
Vietnam and the neighbouring nations of Southeast Asia face diversified demanding situations created by way of the quick evolution in their social, financial and environmental platforms and assets. Taking a multidisciplinary point of view, this e-book offers a entire review of the Vietnamese scenario, settling on the standards shaping social vulnerability and resilience to environmental swap and contemplating clients for sustainable improvement.
First released in 2007, this booklet specializes in the protection of sea lanes of communique. It was once a joint booklet among the Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA) and the Indian Ocean examine team (IORG) and is a vital publication for 3 specific purposes. First, it takes a leap forward in picking out key coverage topics that may be utilized to interstate cooperation round the Indian Ocean sector (IOR).
Greenwashing tradition examines the complicity of culture with our environmental predicament. via its personal carbon footprint, the advertising of image-friendly environmental credentials for celebrities, and the jointly precious engagement with titanic polluters, Toby Miller argues that tradition has turn into an enabler of environmental criminals to win over neighborhood, nationwide, and foreign groups.
- Identitäten und Stereotype in grenzüberschreitenden Verflechtungsräumen: Das Beispiel der Großregion (RaumFragen: Stadt – Region – Landschaft) (German Edition)
- Welcome to Greater Edendale: Histories of Environment, Health, and Gender in an African City (Mcgill-Queen's Studies in Urban Governance)
- The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Economic Geography (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Geography)
- Reimagining the European Family: Cultures of Immigration (Studies in European Culture and History)
- Locked In, Locked Out: Gated Communities in a Puerto Rican City (The City in the Twenty-First Century)
- Wohnraum dem Markt entziehen?: Wohnungspolitik und städtische soziale Bewegungen in Frankfurt und Tel Aviv (Stadt, Raum und Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
Extra resources for Mobile Technologies of the City (Networked Cities Series)
Mobile Technologies of the City (Networked Cities Series) by Mimi Sheller,John Urry