By Ken Albala
What's for dinner? not only in the United States, yet all over the world? and the way is it cooked, what is the historic importance of that nutrition, how is it served and ate up, and who will get to scrub up? This ebook presents attention-grabbing perception into how dinner is outlined in nations round the world.
• offers intimate insights right into a vast variety of overseas nutrition behavior, thereby affording readers a glimpse into the day-by-day lives of individuals around the globe and providing tremendous possibilities for pass cultural comparisons
• Compares cooking tools, gender roles relating to nutrition and foodstuff, and the locations of kids or prolonged family at dinner time
• Underscores how nutrients tradition is universally and intrinsically relating to ethnicity, kinfolk, and meal-time tradition
• offers a mix of reference narrative, images, and recipes that make this a one-stop reference resource excellent for college students studying approximately different cultures
Read or Download At the Table: Food and Family around the World: Food and Family around the World PDF
Similar european cooking books
Nutrients that originated from the Mediterranean zone is amazingly renowned. Pasta, pizza, gyros, kebab, and falafel are available with reference to in all places. many folks during the global have a good suggestion of what Mediterranean delicacies and nutrition are all approximately, yet they understand much less in regards to the whole foodstuff tradition of the sector.
Sausage isn’t only for breakfast! it's a nutrients that may be made with every little thing from the best meats to a wide collection of greens and grains. it may be flavored to be either savory and candy. better of all, it's a meals that's normally regarded as a “comfort foodstuff” – an element that makes the dish that it’s in flavorful and fulfilling.
Lonely Planet: The world's top trip advisor writer Lonely Planet provides Spain's such a lot real dishes - direct from the kitchens the place they have been perfected. From relatives bakers to Michelin-starred cooks, Spain's top neighborhood chefs percentage their ardour for nutrition and their region's vintage recipes - from tapas, pastries and brownies to soup, salads, stews, roasts and clean seafood dishes.
From James Beard most sensible Chef-nominee Rachel Yang, My Rice Bowl is a cookbook with seventy five recipes in keeping with her deeply comforting Korean fusion delicacies, encouraged through cultures from around the globe. As co-owner of the preferred Seattle eating places, Joule, Trove, and Revel, and Portland's Revelry, chef Rachel Yang delights along with her special Korean fusion—think noodles, dumplings, pickles, pancakes, and fish fry.
- Spaghetti Sauces
- Shaya: An Odyssey of Food, My Journey Back to Israel
- In Her Kitchen: Stories and Recipes from Grandmas Around the World
- Italienisch kochen für Leib & Seele: Rezepte aus der Tortellino-Küche (German Edition)
- The National Trust Cookbook
Extra resources for At the Table: Food and Family around the World: Food and Family around the World
At the Table: Food and Family around the World: Food and Family around the World by Ken Albala