By William G. Moseley,Eric Perramond,Holly M. Hapke,Paul Laris
This introductory point textual content explores numerous theoretical ways to human-environment geography, demonstrating how neighborhood dynamics and international approaches effect how we engage with our environments.
- Introduces scholars to primary innovations in environmental geography and science
- Explores the center theoretical traditions in the box, in addition to significant thematic concerns akin to inhabitants, foodstuff and agriculture, and water resources
- Offers an interesting and specified view of the spatial relationships among people and their atmosphere throughout geographical destinations round the world
- Includes numerous real-world coverage questions and emphasizes geography’s powerful culture of box paintings by way of that includes famous nature-society geographers in visitor box notes
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes PDF
Best human geography books
Cellular communications applied sciences are starting off internationally, whereas city transportation and surveillance platforms also are being rebuilt and up-to-date. Emergent practices of actual, informational and communicational mobility are reconfiguring styles of stream, co-presence, social exclusion and defense throughout many city contexts.
Vietnam and the neighbouring nations of Southeast Asia face various demanding situations created via the swift evolution in their social, monetary and environmental platforms and assets. Taking a multidisciplinary point of view, this ebook presents a entire evaluate of the Vietnamese scenario, choosing the criteria shaping social vulnerability and resilience to environmental swap and contemplating customers for sustainable improvement.
First released in 2007, this e-book makes a speciality of the protection of sea lanes of conversation. It was once a joint e-book among the Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA) and the Indian Ocean study workforce (IORG) and is a crucial e-book for 3 specific purposes. First, it takes a leap forward in determining key coverage topics that may be utilized to interstate cooperation round the Indian Ocean quarter (IOR).
Greenwashing tradition examines the complicity of culture with our environmental hindrance. via its personal carbon footprint, the merchandising of image-friendly environmental credentials for celebrities, and the at the same time worthwhile engagement with enormous polluters, Toby Miller argues that tradition has turn into an enabler of environmental criminals to win over neighborhood, nationwide, and overseas groups.
- Spielbälle: Neuverhandlungen der Arbeitswelt im Medium Literatur (German Edition)
- Place, Identity, and National Imagination in Post-war Taiwan (Routledge Research on Taiwan Series)
- The New Middle Classes: Globalizing Lifestyles, Consumerism and Environmental Concern
- Landscapes and Landmarks of Canada: Real, Imagined, (Re)Viewed (Cultural Studies)
Extra info for An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes
An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes by William G. Moseley,Eric Perramond,Holly M. Hapke,Paul Laris